Sunday 31 January 2016

Moving Forward

Another quote from my book this morning, lesson for the first Sunday in Advent caught her attention "It is high time to wake out of sleep... The night is spent the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and put on the armour of light....."

So this spurred me out of bed,showered, dressed, best bib and tucker even breakfasted. 

I'm sitting on a coffee shop waiting for my old boss, he's fifteen minutes late with no word. 

I am trying to feel positive - this was an action with a purpose - to see how the state of play is - whether there would be any locum work. I keep saying to myself he would be dealing with an emergency - hang on don't feel rejected - don't feel angry that all this effort you made this morning has been a waste. 

Half an hour after our scheduled meeting he rung and said there was a problem ... Still feeling cheesed off I shared my frustrations with my BF who came back with these wise words..... " He's stuck in the Office and being a typical mail is crap at communicating....he shouldn't have made a meeting first thing on Monday morning knowing that usually Mondays when it becomes clear what things have cropped up not dealt with last week who hasn't turned up on the Monday and what impact that has on the rest of the week etc !" She ofcourse is right. I treated myself to a coffee sat on my phone the glories of being able to do admin wherever you are able to answer emails and then go off to buy kitten food

No comments:

Post a Comment