Thursday 13 August 2015

Fatigue Fairy has waved her wand

I feel that I am wading again through nothing less. Since getting back from Edinburgh, I have struggled with every waking hour, and feel that I have achieved little.

Despite OH being here until today reassuring me that I was doing ok, my head and my heart feel completely different.....

On Wednesday I sat on the sofa watching TV, I though wasn't idle in the true sense of the word, as I ad an embroidery project to do as a Thank you present and I completed half of it. I also wanted to bake and I made some cookies using left over ingredients ( peanut butter and ground almonds) and I read. The guilt though is this damp cloud around me. 

We concluded simply we are asset rich and cash poor, so this damp cloud comprises of me acknowledging its a working day, and I am doing activities that would be considered as leisure, not as there were for me on Wednesday some way of me being productive...

Thursday a new day, following a day of rest I will feel zippy and ready to achieve much more - fat chance screams my inner voice. 

I'm still wrapped in a towel when Mr Borrow My Doggy arrives, and for the next hour and half it's mayhem, firstly I tackle the rest of the washing up as promised from the night before, OH had imparted that dear Mr BMD had had the runs since eating cat food the day before, so you can imagine my thoughts when having shut him out of the main carpeted area, I found him in my carpeted study doing his business. Superman OH came to the rescue apparently the smell was the worse bit! I had clothes everywhere in the bedroom dirty piles and clean from unpacking all had to disappear before Mr Sports massage arrived. 

Thankfully neat and tidy bedroom was ready when the doorbell rung, I want to say the next hour was blissful, but my muscles were so tight, it was painful. 

Afterwards felt so washed out Mr BMD and I curled up on the bed, and I started the book club book ... Ian McEwan The Children's Act an interesting and turns out to be a quick read, I had finished it in under 24 hours.

The rest of the day was back on the sofa again....... 


No comments:

Post a Comment